Wednesday 21 September 2011

First Outfit Post!

Ok, am a bit new to this so please bear with me!

As a vintage lover but a relatively mainstream mother of 3 and small business owner I like to create a semi-hybrid look that gives a rather large nod to the 40s and 50s. I love anything from these eras especially as the decades reflect a time of morality and ethics that appeals to me. I'm also determined never to be a follower of fad fashion- I don't feel any special link to the decade in which i live and am happy to be disassociated from it in fact, so back to the 1940s and 1950s I willingly go!

I love seeing women dressed in ways which leave them looking both beautiful and different, so here's my look for today. I hope you like it!

 My dress is originally from Principles. It gives just the right amount of hint to the 1940s tea dress and is covered in gorgeous polka dots (you can't really see them here!) The jeans are store-bought skinnies as I'm saving up for some Lady K Loves Capri pants. I think they work better than leggings (which I don't really like on me) and keep me warm when the weather turns, which it frequently does on the school run.

I always wear a flower in my hair and this one is a double orchid in soft green from New Look I think. I'm off to see Lynsey at Le Keux events next month and quite fancy some proper Betty Bangs but in the meantime I wear my full fringe with hair flower (or beret).

I'm wearing my Pompadour pink Rockalily lipstick; I love the smell myself.

Well, that was fun. I told you I was back!

Angie
  x

No comments: