Monday 14 May 2012

Grand Designs Live!

I was invited down to the Grand Designs Live exhibition at the London Excel on Saturday and it was amazing!
Having never been before- I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I certainly wasn't disappointed!  I especially loved the Interiors section with fab stands by some great retro inspired brands like the glorious cola red. Their 50s diner-style tables and chairs were stunning and really comfy too! Just the thing for my kitchen (if only!)
Cola red Retro 1950s furniture company
Just need a milkshake!
There were some super pieces of furniture on display including these beauties- I've always wanted to play with a juke-box.
Trousers: Heyday. Stripy Tee: Thrifted Pumps: Cath Kidston


We also met up with Mr. Grand Designs himself- Kevin McCloud and heard about the new and upcoming innovations in design, green building techniques and low carbon footprint housing.
Kevin McCloud in full flow
Getting our autograph!!
 A popular theme at this years show were some incredibly innovative Garden Shed-cum-extra Room, Innovative takes on the tourer Caravan and the unique kind of Holiday Home. One of my favourites was this calm and peaceful haven which could end up at the end of your garden (if you happen to have £130.000!!!) It's called the Wessex Gite and to show you just how cool this lodge is have a look at these!
Fantastic Wessex Gite. Cool 'Granny Flat' 'eh?!

What with a Harrods cafe on site too, all in a wonderful day out.
Harrods cafe 'doorman'. Closest I'll ever get!!

What did you get up to this weekend?

(Don't forget, it's Pop-In-And-Shop today here at Redressing House! Do join us.)
              x

1 comment:

Louise Mc said...

Wow. That sounds like something I would love, especially the cool sheds and touring caravans. I love Grand Designs anyway. X